Amazon Web Services Demystified – Featuring Compute Services
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 Articles
- 2 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Student will feel confortable logging into the AWS console, locating the Compute Services, and launching compute services
Confidently use any Compute Services Offered by Amazon Web Services
Confidence in knowing/ understanding AWS Compute Services
- General internet navigation
- General understanding of cloud computing
This course will take a closer look at the current Compute Services offered by Amazon Web Services. Currently, there are six Compute Services offered by AWS: Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Batch, Lambda, Lightsail, and Elastic Beanstalk. Each service features its own section which includes: a service overview and introduction, key terms, dashboard/ console overview, tutorial(s), resource page and conclusion.
Service overview and introduction: AWS definition of the service, reduced definition, features, benefits, and more!
key terms: terms that are most frequently associated with the section Service. For example, what is an elastic IP address, or what is a Virtual Private Cloud
Dashboard/ console overview: Quick run time of what you will see when logging into the service dashboard. No surprises!
Tutorials: Compute service in action! You will create servers, web applications, Docker images, and more. We also get to break stuff!
Conclusion: review of the section and an introduction to the next service
- Anyone interested in learning about Amazon Web Services’ Compute Services
- Anyone familiar with AWS, but is unsure which Compute Services to use and when to use them
- Web Developers
- Career Changers
- Small business owners