Do you want to start learning SAS programming easily and quickly? This course is the most complete SAS BASE certification programming course for
- absolute SAS beginners
- anyone interested in passing the SAS BASE certification exam!
You may compare the contents covered in this course with the official SAS BASE certification Exam contents and SAS BASE certification prep guide (due to Udemy policy, I can not include the SAS link here). More contents are added weekly to cover more topics!
- step by step/ code by code explanations; most complete SAS BASE course for beginners and the SAS BASE certification exam
- downloadable data and SAS programs used in the course (the course materials are ONLY for practice, they are protected by copyright)
- Quizzes, coding exercises and projects for practice. After all, practice makes perfection!
- A Note on Course ratings and reviews:Please be considerate and sincere when you provide ratings and reviews. This will encourage me providing more contents to the course and better service to you! For any SAS programming courses, course ratings above 4.5 are considered good ratings.
Many students who take this course as a main course have passed the SAS BASE certification. This course is a truly cost-value effective one for both individual users and Udemy for business users.
So Please provide fair ratings to this course with the consideration of the comparison among other available SAS courses. Thank you!
Current course contents: (Please see course curriculum for more detailed information on sections and lectures included in this course)
- Software installation (SAS University Edition /SAS studio): the complete & step-by-step guide; detailed explanation on File path/directory in SAS studio
- Navigate/work in SAS environment
- Get Data in various format into SAS: (read .txt file, .csv file, Excel file, format input (using SAS informat to read dates; use SAS format to display SAS date values). Proc Import)
- Create temporary and permanent SAS data sets (SET statement, LIBNAME statement, SAS libraries )
- Combine data sets (Concatenate, Append, interleave, Match Merge (one -to-one merge, one-to-many merge))
- Use SAS Functions to manipulate SAS date values (Explanation on how SAS stores date and time values, SAS functions include MDY, YEAR, QTR, MONTH, DAY, WEEKDAY, TODAY, DATE, INTCK, DATDIF, YRDIF)
- Use SAS Functions to manipulate character and numeric data values (use SAS functions to Convert Character & Numeric Value (auto-convert; PUT & INPUT functions), Other SAS functions include: SCAN, SUBSTR, TRIM, UPCASE, LOWCASE, PROPCASE, CATX, INDEX, TRANWRD, INT, ROUND)
- Conditionally execute SAS statements: IF-THEN/ELSE, DO and END statements
- Simplify your data with Array (One dimensional array; two dimensional array; Creating Variables in an ARRAY Statement; Assigning Initial Values to Arrays & Creating Temporary Array Elements)
- Process data with DO LOOPS (the basic of DO LOOPS; constructing DO LOOPS; Conditionally Executing DO Loops using DO UNTIL and DO WHILE; Using Conditional Clauses with the Iterative DO Statement)
- Work with data & Creating labels and formats (Use assignment statements in the DATA step; Use LABEL and FORMAT statements to modify attributes in a DATA step; Define the length of a variable using the LENGTH statement; Control which observations and variables using DROP, KEEP statements and DROP=, KEEP= options, and IF statement)
- SAS Statistical Procedures: Proc SORT; Proc PRINT; Proc MEANS; Proc FREQ; Proc UNIVARIATE, Proc Export, Proc Content
- Generate list reports using the PRINT procedure (using VAR, SUM, WHERE, ID and BY statements)
- Generate reports using ODS statements (Identify ODS destinations, create HTML, PDF, RTF, and Excel files with ODS statements)
- Reconstruct/Reshape SAS Data sets in DATA step and using Proc TRANSPOSE
- SAS advanced topic: Proc SQL Essentials
- SAS advanced topic: SAS Macros Essentials
SAS certification prep guide: base programming by SAS Institute
The little SAS book: a primer / Lora D. Delwiche and Susan J. Slaughter
Learning SAS by example: a programmer’s guide / Ron Cody
Note: A SAS software licence allows SC statistical programming to create and sell video-based SAS programming online courses.
Who this course is for:
- absolute SAS beginners
- Anyone interested in taking SAS BASE certification exam
- Basic computer skills
Last updated 4/2019
A SAS BASE certification course for absolute SAS Beginners.zip | Mirror [Size: 6.4 GB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)