Welcome to my beginners course on digital drawing using the free GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP). My name is Brian Jackson and I’m a top rated Udemy instructor of over 38 courses covering a wide range of topics from writing, self-publishing and book covers to 2D animation.
This course provides an introduction to both digital drawing using a tablet and the GIMP program. Hardware and software usage details are woven throughout lectures on fundamental drawing techniques and example drawing workshops. Each section concludes with a workshop in which all the previously discussed features are demonstrated followed by a project you can work on independently and submit for review and comment.
In an attempt to get you drawing fast, this course begins with tablet selection and installation and basic GIMP usage. That’s enough to get you drawing. Then we’ll add information on using layers, and digital editing.
Unlike other courses, this course assumes no former knowledge, begins at the beginning and teaches you drawing and the software rather than simply having you watch me draw (though you’ll get plenty of that as well).
This course is designed for drawing and illustration enthusiasts who would like to learn how to draw digitally using a tablet and the free GIMP software product (that runs on Windows 10, Mac OS and Linux). The ideal student is someone new to digital drawing and possibly even drawing itself. Someone who has an idea trapped inside them that they need to express through a creative medium.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in avoiding the cost of PhotoShop
- Anyone interested in getting their feet wet in digital drawing
- Anyone on a budget needing to produce digitally drawn graphics
- Anyone wanting to take their basic GIMP knowledge to the next level
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level
- You should be running Windows, Mac OS or Linux (Windows 10 demonstrated)
- You will need to purchase a digital tablet (recommendations included)
- You will need to install the free GIMP software package (instructions provided)
Last updated 8/2018
Beginner Digital Drawing: Free GIMP and Budget Tablet.zip | Mirror [Size: 1.3 GB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)