Build a complete Side-Scroller Game with GameMaker: Studio
- Learn how to build a side-scroller shooter game from start to finish
- Learn all the basics of GameMaker: Studio to get you started making your own games
- Use GameMaker: Studio to build and deploy your own games to iOS, Windows, or other mobile platforms
- GameMaker: Studio – Available from YoYogames for Free! – http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/download
In this complete Intro to GameMaker: Studio Course, instructor Alan Thorn takes us through the entire process of building an old-school, side-scrolling shooter game from start to finish! We’ll cover everything you need from the ground up – all the way from first opening the software to deploying the game for iOS, Windows, or other mobile platforms! If you love retro, old-school video games, or are just interested in learning how to make your own, this course is for you!
(Students – please look under Section 1 / Lecture 1 downloads for the source files associated with the lesson.)
More about the Instructor:
Alan Thorn is a game developer, author and educator with 15 years industry experience. He makes games for PC desktop, Mobile and VR. He founded ‘Wax Lyrical Games’ and created the award-winning game ‘Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok’, working as designer, programmer and artist. He has written sixteen technical books on game development and presented ten video training courses, covering game-play programming, Unity development, and 3D modelling. He has worked in game development education as a visiting lecturer for the ‘National Film and Television School’, as a Lead Teacher for ‘Uppingham School’, and is currently a Senior Lecturer at ‘Teesside University’ where he helps students develop the skills needed for their ideal role in the games industry.
- Absolute beginners who love making games
- Anyone who has an interest in learning about how to make mobile games
|Build a complete Side-Scroller Game with GameMaker Studio.rar (365.92 MB)
|subtitle4.rar (204.67 KB)