- Create a “real world” code-first database using Entity Framework.
- Add and modofy models, views and controllers to perform CRUD operations agains the database.
- Use client-side and server-side validation.
- Secure the controllers, actions and view content with authorization and roles.
- Implement security with ASP.NET Identity (authentication, authorization and roles).
- Style the user interfaces using CSS3 and Bootstrap.
- Create a responsive website.
- Implement product subscription scenarios with registration codes.
- Create an alternate way to login to the application.
- Implement password reset functionality.
- Register users with the site.
- Manage users and their subscriptions.
- Have a basic understanding of MVC 5.
- have a basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Be proficient in C#.
This highly modular and proven no-fluff course will teach you how to implement a fully functional ASP.NET MVC 5 membership website complete with an Entity Framework code-first database and two user interfaces; one for administrators and one for the end-user. I have used the teaching technique used in this video course for many years with fast superb results for my students.
Gone are the days when you learned programming through short incoherent examples, in this course you will learn by implementing a complete web application while “looking over my shoulder” as I implement it with you in short step-by-step scenarios. This course is laser-focused and highly targeted to web developers just starting out who have a completed at least one beginner MVC 5 course prior to this course; the prerequisites for this course are that you have a basic understanding of MVC 5 and the C# language, other than that I only ask that you keep an open mind and are ready to learn.
Complete this course and be proud of your achievement. Host the web application online and showcase it in your CV on job interviews or wen negotiating your salary with your boss. You can even use your knowledge to work online selling your services on sites such as Fiverr and UpWork.
Technologies, frameworks and languages:
- C# (you need to be proficient)
- MVC 5 (create/modify models, views and controllers)
- Razor syntax
- HTML5/CSS3 (you need basic knowledge – I have included a basic PDF course for you to get started or to use as a refresher)
- Bootstrap (used for styling and create a responsive design)
- Ajax (used for asynchronous server calls)
- LINQ (to query the database)
- Extension methods (to clean up your C# code and enable re-use)
- HTML Helper methods (to clean up your HTML and enable re-use)
- Use settings from the web.config file
- Deploy to Azure (BONUS)
Three BONUS courses that will get off to a flying start:
- HTML5/CSS3/Bootstrap [PDF] – Will teach you basic HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap.
- MVC 5 For Beginners [PDF] – Will teach you the beginner stuff needed for this course.
- Azure [VIDEO] – How to setup and deploy your web application to the Azure cloud.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do this course cover ASP.NET Core 1.0?
2. Why should I pay for this course when there are lots of free tutorials available?
Free tutorials and YouTube videos are free for a reason. They introduce you to a few concepts here and there, but soon you’ll find yourself jumping from one tutorial to another without getting the full picture; this will cause you to waste valuable time that you could spend with your family and friends or to make money. By taking a highly structured course, such as this one, you will learn the necessary skills in a real world scenario step-by-step.
I hope you love the course!
Content retrieved from: https://www.udemy.com/building-a-mvc-5-membership-website/.