Finance for the Real World – Corporate Finance 101
- Understand the Time Value of Money
Understand and Calculate the Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return and Payback Period for Capital Budgeting
Calculate the Time Value of Money using Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets or by hand
- Understand the 5 components of interest rates
- Calculate the Future Value and Present Value of cash flows
- Understand the difference between fixed and variable interest rates
- Understand the basics of Modern Portfolio Theory
- Understand the basics of the Efficient Market Hypothesis
- You may want a printer to print the handouts (pdf) and work the problems with me
Do you want to improve your financial literacy?
Do you want to understand the basic finance terms like Compounding Interest, Time Value of Money, Net Present Value and Modern Portfolio Theory?
Do you want a class where you do the problems with the professor?
This class is for you!
We will help you get a strong foundation for Compounding Interest, the Time Value of Money. We will create a loan amortization schedule together as well!
You will learn how to use Excel/Google Sheets to calculate the Net Present Value of capital projects.
I am a Chartered Financial Analyst and I have included course material from the CFA Level 1 Exam to help you understand what the test would be like.
I will be adding a section about Behavioral Finance and how to calculate how much you need for retirement using the Time Value of Money! Stay tuned!
Enjoy the course!
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the basics of finance
- Anyone who wants to improve their financial literacy
- Anyone who wants to understand finance terms like Time Value of Money, Default Risk Premium, Net Present Value, Efficient Market Hypothesis and Modern Portfolio Theory