Foundations of Packaging
- use knowledge of basic packaging methods and materials and apply it to the packaging business
- No prior knowledge of packaging is required
Learn the basic concepts, materials, and design practices that make up the foundation of the packaging industry.
Build a knowledge base that will follow you throughout your career in Packaging
- Breakdown of common packaging materials
- Overview of the history of packaging
- Design using common packaging packaging materials
- Learn to design for sustainability
Content and Overview
What most people don’t realize is that packaging is the third largest industry in the world. Everyone interacts with packaging but many do not even notice it. This course, suitable for beginners or packaging veterans, will take you through of 8 to 10 hours of content where you’ll learn all of the packaging fundamentals and establish a strong understanding of the concepts applied to each material. Each chapter closes with a quiz, putting your new learned skills to the test.
Starting with the history of packaging, this course will take you through the design elements for seven different materials and practices. You will learn what each material is best used for as well as how to design those materials for sustainability. Each lecture includes an element about the industry and how these materials are used in real world practices.
Students who have completed the course will have mastered the basics of what makes up the packaging industry.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about packaging!
- College aged students
- Working professionals who have been in the business for 20-30 years