- Build websites using the modern skills, tools, and best-practices that companies are looking for in developers.
- Confidently apply for web developer jobs knowing you can jump into a dev team and immediately contribute to projects.
- You’ll need a basic understanding of HTML and CSS. Do you know how to use HTML to create a paragraph element? Do you know how to use CSS to make that paragraph orange?
- All software we’ll use is 100% free, and we’ll use 100% free web hosting through the “GitHub Pages” service.
- I recommend a modern text editor: Atom is free and excellent (Google it).
- Access to your own computer or laptop (not a public computer like in a library) as we’ll be installing various tools on our computers throughout the course. Windows or Mac OS are great. Everything will work on Linux as well, but I don’t walk through any Linux-specific instructions.
You already understand the basics of HTML and CSS, but you don’t necessarily feel qualified for the web developer jobs you want. In this course we’ll bridge that gap by building a mobile-first responsive website, together, step-by-step. Along the way we’ll learn the modern skill-set that companies are looking for in developers.
I know what companies are looking for because as a senior developer I’ve been on the hiring side of job interviews. Every time we passed on a candidate I’d think to myself “It would be nice if we could point them towards a course that taught the exact skill set we’re looking for.”
I couldn’t find a course like that – so I built this one.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to build sites using the modern skills, tools, and best-practices that companies need in developers.
Take your developer career to the next level by:
- Learning Git, GitHub, and command-line basics to collaborate with other developers and deploy your sites live up onto the web.
- Leveraging Node.js tools like NPM and Gulp to save time by automating tasks.
- Enhancing your CSS knowledge with techniques (BEM & PostCSS) to keep your styles super-organized and manageable even on larger sites.
- Speeding up your sites with the mobile-first performance philosophy.
- Discovering tips to get more job interviews, do well in interviews, and continually progress in your career (avoid burnout & stagnation).
This course may be brand new, but this isn’t my first time teaching. I’ve led trainings for Fortune 500 companies, and I’ve already helped over 7,000 people on Udemy and received the following feedback:
“Brad definitely has some of the best techniques to embed the lesson into your mind… hands down these are the best tutorials I have had the opportunity to view.”
“Presentation is concise without being tedious… you honestly feel that you have a thorough understanding of the subject.”
“…[Brad] explained the process. Not memorize this or that, he explained the process. If you’re looking to take a course to understand the foundations of creating websites, look no further.”
I’ve been teaching for the better part of a decade and I consider this course my magnum opus. This is the course I wish I could have taken several years ago.
Become highly valuable and relevant to the companies that are hiring web developers; in one convenient place alongside one instructor. If you’re ready to begin your transformation – I’ll see you on the inside!
- You’ll benefit from this course if you’re looking to bridge the gap between what you currently know (HTML & CSS) and what hiring companies want you to know.
Content retrieved from: https://www.udemy.com/git-a-web-developer-job-mastering-the-modern-workflow/.