This Masterclass has been meticulously developed for over 4 years and has students (from 150 countries) ranging from complete beginners to experienced Java professionals. Companies like Intel, PayPal, Pinterest, Wipro are actively using this course to upskill their employees.
Would you like to just acquire core Java skills or would you like to become a complete & professional Java engineer right at the end of this course. If it is the latter, then you should read on …
This comprehensive project-based course has been designed with following objectives:
- To help you get an in-depth understanding of both core & advanced concepts in Java
- To teach best practices & key design principles for writing effective Java programs
- To help you gain truly practical experience in writing professional-level code via instructor-led implementation of a project, which is Java EE-based Web application that uses technologies like Servlets, JSP, and JSTL. Project is implemented in Eclipse using MVC pattern, TDD (Test-Driven Development) principles and other best practices. Project also incorporates few advanced multi-threading concepts and utilizes MySQL database as the back-end and Apache Tomcat as the Web server
- Master Object-Oriented Programming concepts like Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces & Abstract Classes via a real-world case-study
- Learn about database designing, implementation (SQL), and how to interact interact with them from Java programs (via JDBC)
- To help you understand the inner workings of Java platform (aka JVM)
- Learn Functional-style programming via Java 8 features like lambda expressions & streams
- Learn how to build Web applications using core Java EE technologies like Servlets, JSP, and JSTL
- To teach how to effectively use Eclipse IDE to write, debug, and test Java programs
The motivation behind these objectives is to help you in becoming a complete & industry-ready Java engineer. Most Java courses focus only on teaching core fundamentals, which at the very best equip students with good basic skills to work on small-to-medium sized projects. Most of these students fall short when it comes to implementing more complex projects. To design elegant solutions for large, complex projects one needs to have a much deeper understanding of language features along with knowledge of the recommended best practices & design principles. More importantly one needs to know how to put all of these into practice. This comprehensive one-stop project-based course has been designed to equip students with these skills.
This course begins by giving a birds-eye view of Java covering everything from origin of Java to installing Java and writing your first Java program. Even the most fundamental concepts like compilation & interpretation are explained. All other topics are covered in-depth starting from language basics, object-oriented concepts & design (including Java 8 features like default & static methods in interfaces), JVM, exceptions, IO, data structures, generics, multi-threading, databases, nested classes, enums, functional-style programming via Java 8 constructs like lambda expressions & streams, and also gives a very good basic introduction to Java EE technologies like Servlets, JSP, and JSTL.
Each lecture has been very carefully crafted. Motivation behind every concept is clearly explained with well thought out examples and nice animations. Object-oriented concepts like inheritance & polymorphism are explained through a real-world case-study, which is also implemented as part of the course project. Every concept has been well-tested through ready-to-run, downloadable demo programs, which are implemented and executed in the course. Every chapter ends with a carefully crafted quiz to test what was learnt. Many chapters also include challenging coding exercises and student solutions are also auto-evaluated via JUnit scripts, i.e., students would instantly know whether their solution is right or wrong. One of the coding exercises is on Sentiment Analysis, which is a hot area in the industry.
The course project involves building a bookmarking Web application that helps users bookmark items like Books, Movies, and Web pages. The project is instructor-led and is implemented using professional coding conventions & best practices. It follows good object-oriented design, incorporates MVC architectural pattern and also uses Test-Driven Development (TDD) methodology. Java EE stack comprising technologies like Servlets, JSP, and JSTL are used for building the application. Parts of the project use advanced multi-threading capabilities. MySQL is used as the database and database designing is also explained in detail. Eclipse IDE is used for developing the entire project. There is also a separate dedicated chapter just for learning Eclipse IDE, which would give you a solid foundation in using Eclipse to effectively write, debug, and test Java programs. The chapter includes lessons to use Eclipse’s debugger & JUnit unit testing framework.
Finally, the course also discusses over half of the best practices/design rules outlined in the popular Effective Java book. Many rules are actually demonstrated in code. This is one of the highlights of the course and will make you truly complete!
About the Instructor & On His Motivation for Building This Course:
I have around 15 years of experience in Java developing complex data integration & mining software for start-ups in silicon valley and elsewhere. After working for so many years with many excellent engineers, I realized that sometimes we fell short of developing the most effective solutions to some of the problems we were dealing with. This sometimes led to several rounds of refactoring resulting in loss of valuable time. This made me realize that it was a result of not being taught Java programming in the right way. I realized that a more holistic approach to teaching Java is needed where the language features are taught along with best practices & design principles that any serious developer must know. This course is a result of this realization and it has taken me over 4 years of full-time effort (considered equivalent to over a decade if working on a part-time basis) in developing it. Building this course itself has been a wonderful journey for me and I hope you will also find this course to be equally enriching. I will continue to devote myself in building this course towards making it one of the best Java courses out there. Always, feel free to message me if you have any questions and I promise to address them as quickly as I can (almost always well within a day :)).
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners. We got you covered. We’ll start from compilation & interpretation.
- Programmers switching from other languages
- Java programmers who are not feeling confident about their existing Java skills
- Java programmers who want to learn about design principles & best practices. Any serious programmer should know this stuff!
- The 3 P’s: Passion, Patience, and Perseverance. Please note it is not a crash course!!
- Top Concentration. Over 6 months of self-study effort is packed into 62 hours. So, no fluff!!
Last updated 3/2019
Java In-Depth: Become a Complete Java Engineer!.zip | Mirror [Size: 11.4 GB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)