Netcat (usually abbreviated as NC) is a powerful information security tool used for reading from and writing to network connections using the TCP or UDP protocol. The name Netcat is derived from ‘Net’ (for networking) and ‘cat’ for concatenating data to a file.
Netcat is capable of performing multiple functionalities, something which has earned it the name of the Swiss army knife for Ethical Hacking. Netcat is a feature-rich tool that is capable of creating nearly any type of connection, which makes it extremely useful for performing network debugging and exploration. Furthermore, it has been designed such that it can function both as a client and a server, which enhances its functionalities to a higher level.
Netcat provides the following functionalities that can be useful for a Hacker/Pen-tester or a Network Admin
– Port Scanning.
– Banner Grabbing.
– Chatting (where we a create a simple chat server for two people to chat).
– File Transfer (where you can transfer different kinds of files like exe or text files from one computer to another ).
– Remote Administration with Netcat (where you will see how to create a backdoor in both Windows and Linux systems using Netcat).
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in network security and ethical hacking.
- Those wanting to become Ethical Hackers, Penetration Testers and Systems Administrators.
- General IT Knowledge
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is extremely helpful
- Good to know how to use Linux/Unix OS
- PC or Laptop
Last updated 3/2019
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)