Welcome to linux bash shell scripting course. I’am Richard and I will be your instructor. I have great knowleadge about shell scripting as throughout my carrer I had been working for Fortune 50 company, where I apart from taking care of 200+ Solaris servers wrote many scripts for keeping live easy 🙂
What is covered?
- Basics of scripting – no worry you don’t know anything about scripting by now
- Sha-bang explanation – what it is and why the heck it is called sha-bang
- Decision making
- Regular expressions
- For & While loops
- Reading arguments using CASE structure
- …and many more
And what about AWK? Yes, it is covered here! And what about SED? Also covered!
Why I have created this course?
Many years back, when I was starting as UNIX administrator, I had many ideas how to improve specific things using scripts. But, I couldn’t find any good resource, which would take me through all needed topic in one place. Somewhere I got great explanation about sha-bang while regular expressions for shell scripting were only mentioned. Somewhere was good explanation about decision making in if statement, but SED and AWK part was missing, and that use of SED and AWK was in my carrer really important. Basically I cannot imagine any single production script, where I wouldn’t used SED or AWK, because without them you are not able to create that “magic” in your script.
Many years later, I am here to share in one place what is really needed in order to create magic script. Not only how to create script, do some decision making in if statements, write functions, use arrays, but mainly how to combine everything including AWK and SED. I was creating this course in a way, which would help me a lot to create great scripts during start of my career. All needed things in one place.
Please, watch my preview lectures to see what we are going to build in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who wants to dive into shell scripting
- Experienced users who would like to take their knowleadge to next level wit AWK and SED
- Basic knowleadge about linux commands is good to have – but not required
- Text editor of your choice (if you just don’t want to watch lectures)
- Be able to open a terminal (or git bash if you dont have virtual machine and want to work in Windows environment)
Last updated 2/2019
Linux Bash Shell Scripting: Complete Guide (incl. AWK & SED).zip | Mirror [Size: 1.6 GB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)