An introduction course to the typical Unix/Linux Shell Command Basics, meant for beginners, and therefore does not go into advanced details. If you would like an advanced course on this, please let me know.
A Unix shell is a command-line interpreter or shell that provides a command line user interface for Unix-like operating systems. The shell is both an interactive command language and a scripting language, and is used by the operating system to control the execution of the system using shell scripts.
In computing, a shell is a user interface for access to an operating system’s services. In general, operating system shells use either a command-line interface (CLI) or graphical user interface (GUI), depending on a computer’s role and particular operation.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about Linux and to better manage Linux OS, as well as better manage any Linux related jobs/careers.
- Anyone looking for a job/career where they will use Linux on a daily basis. Example: AWS engineers.
- Many coders, developers, programmers use Linux to do their development work on, instead of windows.
- Mac OS users too, because Mac OS is based on Unix/Linux, and therefore similar commands on the terminal(correct me if I’m wrong?).
- Need to have Linux OS installed (preferably a debian distribution, like Ubuntu or Mint).
- If at work, make sure you make use of a test virtual machine with Linux OS installed, so that you don’t risk any problems with your company’s Linux servers.
- Preferably you want to practice this course on your own PC/laptop at home with your own Linux OS installed. Either via a virtual machine from windows OS, or via linux installed directly on your harddrive.
- If you need help with the above setup, please let me know, and I WILL try to help you.
Last updated 3/2019
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)