Cut down on your development time by learning how to write elegant code in an efficient manner, specifically in Python—the popular and pragmatic object-oriented language. Michele Vallisneri explains how to make your Python code more expressive and concise, and leverage the most powerful features of the language. He shines a spotlight on some of the strongest third-party packages you can take advantage of, discusses object-oriented and functional programming, and shares strategies for improving the performance of your code. Michele illustrates these concepts with many intriguing examples, showing how to make 3D images and videos using photographs taken by a NASA rover on Mars, map the rover’s progress through Martian topography, draw and paint fractals, and more.
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Content retrieved from: https://www.lynda.com/Python-tutorials/Python-Programming-Efficiently/534425-2.html.