The WordPress REST API opens a world of possibilities to WordPress developers. In this project-based course, learn how to build an interactive web app on top of the WordPress REST API. Instructor Morten Rand-Hendriksen kicks off the course by helping you plan the app you’re going to build. Next, he explains how to extend the functionality of WordPress by adding a new user role and capabilities. For the remainder of the course, he walks through how to build an interactive, standalone app that consumes and delivers data to and from the WordPress REST API while keeping communication secure and private.
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
Skills covered in this course
Content retrieved from: https://www.lynda.com/WordPress-tutorials/WordPress-REST-API-Building-Interactive-Web-App/609032-2.html.