The Fundamentals of Data Analysis and Modelling with DAX for Power BI, Power Pivot and Analysis Services
- Explain and use Calculated Columns and Measures
- Explain and use aggregation functions and expressions in DAX such as SUM and COUNT
- Explain and use table functions such as Filter and RelatedTable
- Explain and use iteration pairs such as SUMX and COUNTX
- Set up Variables
- Work with IF statements and DAX SWITCH function
- Describe the fundamentals of how DAX works
- Explain Row context and nested Row context
- Explain Filter context
- Use the ALL function to remove filters
- Use the Calculate function to modify and replace basic filters
- Explain and demonstrate how Relationships and DAX work together
- Discuss the need for a DATE table
- Use DAX to create a DATE table using CalendarAuto and other DAX functions
- Use and explain Time Intelligence Functions such as TOTALTYD, SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR and more
- Calculate Moving totals and Rolling Totals
- Carry out Basic to Intermediate level DAX analysis
- You should be familiar with either Power Pivot, Power BI or Analysis Services
- You should have a want to learn DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- Have an interest in Data Modeling
Data Analysis and data modelling made easy with Data Analysis eXpressions. DAX can be used in Power BI, Power Pivot and Analysis Services.
Analyse and Model your data with in Power BI, Excels Power Pivot and Analysis Services with Data Analysis eXpressions.
This is a hands on course
In the first section of this course you will be introduced to the use of the most common DAX expressions, such as SUM and SUMX, COUNT, ROUND, DIVIDE, MIN, MAX, IF Statements, TEXT expressions, Variables and More
In the next section of this course you will learn the fundamentals of how DAX works. This section will include both theory and examples and it is of utmost importance that you understand how DAX works. We will discuss Row context and Filter context, ALL, FILTER, RELATEDTABLE, CALCULATE, EARLIER, Relationships and much more.
In the third section of this course you will learn about Time Intelligence and Date Tables. We will look at expressions such as TOTALYTD, SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR, DATESADD, DATESBETWEEN, CALENDERAUTO, and we will explore how many of these functions work using CALCULATE
Each section of this course contains Activities to complete. These Activities are of utmost importance. When it comes to learning DAX, practice is a must.
- Analysis Services Users
- Power BI Users
- Excels Power Pivot Users
- Those that need to model data using SSAS, Power BI or Power Pivot
- Data Analyst, Finance and Accounting Staff, Marketing Professionals, Business Managers and all those involved with reporting
- This course is NOT for you if you are already comfortable working with basic and intermediate level DAX
Content retrieved from: https://www.udemy.com/master-dax-fundamentals-power-bi-power-pivot-ssas/.