Get to grips with CSS best practices to create modern, responsive, and retina-ready websites
- Master the fundamental CSS concepts, such as the box model, the anatomy of a rule set, and the types of style sheets
- Take advantage of the Chrome developer tools to troubleshoot CSS
- Explore some of the most solid techniques used to solve the problems of floats, such as the clearfix hack
- Rename elements with classes, use descendant selectors, and understand specificity rules
- Become proficient with CSS3 properties such as transitions, transforms, gradients, pseudo classes, and animations
- Leverage the power of absolute, relative, static, and fixed positioning techniques
- Delve into modular, reusable, and scalable CSS for more organized and smaller style sheets
- Understand media queries and the other fundamentals of responsive web design
- Get creative with the @font-face property, font kits, Google Web Fonts, subscription font services, and icon fonts
- This web development video course has been designed to help you build your knowledge of CSS and master one of the most valuable tools in modern web design.
CSS is a deceptively simple presentation language that has significantly developed over the last few years. Frontend developers need to keep style sheets manageable and organized by taking a modular approach to building a website. They can either wrestle with it, or learn how to master it in order to easily apply layouts and styles with precision.
This web development video course has been designed to help you build your knowledge of CSS and master one of the most valuable tools in modern web design.
We start off with a brief review of the foundations of CSS by using a good text editor to automate your authoring and set up a CSS baseline. We then move on to creating a layout with floats and a functioning menu with dropdowns, taking a modular-organized approach to CSS. We’ll also go into detail about CSS3 properties such as transforms, transitions, and animations. By the end, you’ll have an understanding of responsive web design, web fonts, icon fonts, and techniques used to support retina devices; all things a modern frontend web developer must know.
We deep dive into a lot of details of CSS in this course, from creating a modern looking ghost button and a big call-to-action button to the supposedly difficult and scary SVG. Mastering CSS will arm you with all the knowledge, tips, and tricks you need to make you stand out in the world of developing complex, responsive, feature-rich web applications.
About the Author
Rich Finelli is a husband and a father living in Piscataway, NJ, working as a frontend developer. He’s truly passionate and excited for all frontend technologies and enjoys learning about web design and development. He also teaches two courses on CSS at Mercer County Community in NJ, and writes about web design on his blog.
- If you know a little bit about CSS but struggle with floats, or creating tricky UI elements such as a dropdown menu, and you want to expand on your knowledge of CSS to learn responsive web design, web fonts, SVG, retina techniques, icon fonts, and other advanced-level topics, this is the course for you.
Content retrieved from: https://www.udemy.com/mastering-css/.