Dominates Laravel and the most challenging features for an actual RESTful API using Laravel
- Create your own projects with Laravel (not only RESTful APIs)
- Make the most of your work tools (Sublime Text 3, Git, Github, Composer, PHP artisan and Laravel)
- Generate and maintain the structure of the database in an automated way with Laravel and the PHP Artisan console
- Use PHP Artisan effectively and be much more efficient
- Create and configure your own local development environment
- Properly configure your development environment for all your projects
- Hone the main HTTP methods/verbs for HTTP and RESTful APIs
- Use free professional tools to improve your productivity
- Very recommended a fundamental domain of Object Oriented Programming
- Fundamental knowledge about PHP (classes, functions, methods, traits, inheritance)
The comprehensive guide to creating a truly RESTful API with Laravel.
This course makes use of the latest version of Laravel! Laravel 5.4
You will not find a Laravel course like this anywhere else. This course explains everything you need to develop a RESTful API using Laravel framework.
Do not wait more to become a master in the development of truly RESTful APIs with Laravel. Join the course now and see you in class.
In this course, you learn how to develop a realistic, fully implemented, and professional RESTful API, using the latest version of Laravel for PHP.
Laravel is the most popular PHP framework, with more than 20 million downloads along with lots of enterprise and personal projects worldwide. Additionally, includes fantastic features to easily implement a RESTful API. Laravel is RESTful friendly.
Because it is a framework made by programmers for programmers, expressive, simple, intuitive and powerful. Laravel provide useful features for web projects including RESTful APIs.
Each new Laravel version includes many changes that make this framework ever better, simpler, programmer friendly and at the same time much more powerful. In fact, the latest versions of Laravel included a lot of new features to help developing RESTful APIs in the right way.
During this course, you will master the complete structure of Laravel, along with the new features included in the latest version of Laravel to develop an actual RESTful API.
You will learn this about the development of a RESTful API with Laravel:
- Using the Laravel PHP artisan for code and components generation
- Usage and creation of middleware on Laravel
- The Laravel Resource routes and controllers (ideal for RESTful APIs)
- Fully supported JSON format responses for a JSON RESTful API
- Validation of requests directly from the Laravel Controllers
- Handling all types of exceptions and errors from Laravel handler
- Complex operations involving up to three resources/models for a specific operation
- Usage of Laravel dependency injection and model binding
- Generation of the database structure using Laravel migrations
- Automatic insertion of fake data into the database through “faker,” using Laravel factories, and seeders
- Session and access_token RESTful access control Yes Both!
- Using Laravel Passport to protect the RESTful API with OAuth2
- Pagination of results using Laravel collections
- Using URL parameters to execute actions (the RESTful approach)
- Sorting results based on URL parameters with a RESTful approach
- Filtering results using URL parameters
- Caching responses using Laravel Cache System
- Limitation of requests using the Laravel middleware
- Implementing HATEOAS on Laravel (a pure RESTful API must use HATEOAS)
- Using PHP Fractal for transforming responses
- Much more!!
You can take a look at the full list of contents below.
You will create an actual RESTful API from scratch and step by step using Laravel. Follow the REST architecture and build appropriate URLs to identify actions and resources using the Laravel best features and learn Laravel in the way.
Take full advantage of tools like Sublime Text 3, Git, power shell, Laravel, Composer, PHP artisan, and be more productive for agile development.
Note: In few classes of the course I use Windows (only for the first classes), but I included specific directions in the case you use Linux or Mac and all the tools used are cross platform, so you will no have any problem.
You will have lifetime access to the current classes and the classes that I will regularly add (take a look at the last section to see what is coming).
At the end of this course, you will be able to develop your pure RESTful API with Laravel in an efficient way with the best practices, taking advantage of the facilities provided by Laravel for the proper implementation of your projects and your RESTfulAPI.
Do not wait any longer. Join the course and see you in classes.
- This course is for all web development and PHP lovers
- This course is for all those who need to develop their own API completely RESTful
- If you are looking to upgrade to the latest version of Laravel (Laravel 5.4)
- If you want to do a complete development of your projects and your RESTful API with Laravel 5.4
- If you want to build your own fully functional and step-by-step RESTful API
- If you need to keep your skills up to date and be competitive
Content retrieved from: https://www.udemy.com/restful-api-with-laravel-php-homestead-passport-hateoas/.