This course will help you upgrade your C++ software development skills today!
You will learn how to build an application using Qt and C++, from the ground up.
C++ is a very powerful and versatile programming language.
Qt is multi-platform framework, the perfect choice for open source GUI development with C++.
Before investing in this course, please watch the FREE lectures (30 minutes) to:
- see the final app in action (check out the Final App DEMO lesson)
- decide if this course is really the right one for you
With this course, you will design and create your own C++ program for the Windows platform.
You will add new features to the app, step by step.
You will learn how to write good source code, at professional-level.
You can learn programming in C++ from anyone you wish to, there are many teachers and a lot of free know-how out there.
But if you want to learn to code like a professional, here’s my advice to you:
- Choose to learn from someone who has already done professional level coding
- Choose a teacher who has a proven track record working experience with C++ and Qt
- Choose a mentor who has done this for years, and knows what it takes to create industry-level software
Here’s how the course is structured. Each lecture prepares the groundwork for the next one. You will:
- write code in C++ (standard ’03)
- use the Qt toolkit’s UI elements to create the GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- set up the main application window
- drag and drop the required user interface elements (buttons, widgets, labels, spinners…) on the main window
- connect UI elements to UI events (mouse clicks, value changed)
- write custom event handling code that updates the painted graphic
You need to have a good understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) fundamentals, as you will be adding and working with:
- class member variables
- class member functions
- setters / getters
- private / public / protected access modifiers
- encapsulation to protect the data
- constructors and destructors
- overriding virtual base class functions for Qt objects
- pointers to objects
You will organize the C++ program logic into header (.h) and implementation (.cpp) source files.
You will design a simple GUI (Graphical User Interface) with QtCreator (part of the Qt toolkit) and use the signal and slots mechanism to make the buttons (and other UI elements) respond to mouse clicks or value changed events.
You will setup a custom rendering area widget that integrates flawlessly with the Qt5 framework, by inheriting from the QWidget base class and overriding abstract class methods.
You wil learn how to fix compiler errors that can occur during development.
You will also learn to fix linker errors caused by missing function implementations.
You will use a bottom-up approach to develop robust software.
Notice the key word here – robust.
That means professional-level C++ code.
You will learn to design reusable programs with programs will be designed with reusability in mind. And will be written with future upgrade capabilities in mind.
You will also use Math and Geometry in an unexpected way, to create unusual 2D graphics shapes.
You will also get some hands-on experience by taking the course assignments.
The assignments are designed to get you comfortable with the code and teach you to extend the application on your own, after you have completed the course.
Should I go on or do you want to start learning now?
I’ve invested around 10 years into learning software development and have worked 7 years in the IT industry.
Ok, here are a few more things you will get from it:
- How to create an online repository (with BitBucket)
- How to use source versioning (with GIT) to save intermediary code changes and revert back to them anytime if you make a mistake
- Tips and tricks for good coding practices
So come on, let’s start creating some 2D graphics with Qt5 And C++ Gui Programming!
Who this course is for:
- You have a solid understanding of C++ syntax
- You want to learn basic C++ app development with Qt
- Preferably you are an intermediate developer or programming enthusiast
- You want to learn how to design and create software from scratch
- You love software development (especially with C++)
- You want hands-on coding experience
- You are a 2D graphics amateur or passionate
- (Required) Working knowledge of C++ syntax and language fundamentals
- (Required) Know the basics of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) with C++
- (Preferable) Understand basic mathematical expressions and functions (sine, cosine, exponential)
- Know how to create C++ source files
- Feel comfortable using open source technologies
Last updated 9/2017
Robust Qt & C++ Gui Programming 2D Graphics App Tutorial.zip | Mirror [Size: 479.1 MB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)