Build your own Role Playing Game (RPG) in Unity 5.5. Learn intermediate C#, code architecture, game & level design.
- Create core combat mechanics for your own Action RPG.
- Make a simple level with terrain, placed enemies and props.
- Balance the player and enemy stats (eg. health, damage, movement, attack speed, and more).
- You should be able to write basic C# (loops, conditionals, components, etc)
- Some familiarity with Unity’s APIs is helpful.
- You should know your way round Unity 5’s editor.
This highly acclaimed course was over 200% funded on Kickstarter, and is designed for intermediate users of Unity. We recommend you take at least the first half of our Complete Unity Developer or equivalent as a pre-requisite.
Role Playing Games can be complex to create, with many interacting gameplay systems. We make it easy for you, with this online course that teaches you step-by-step how to make the foundations of any good RPG – from scratch.
In this course we’re focusing on the core of any great RPG, giving your players a fun combat moment in a well crafted level, based upon a solid game design, built using a robust code architecture. You will follow our project, but also make the game entirely your own.
We will be dealing with AI pathfinding, creating a flexible special abilities system, and learning how to coordinate on a complex project. You’ll learn to how to implement click-to-move gameplay, use asset packs, debug, make particle effects and more.
You’ll need a basic grasp of Unity and C# before you get start, from there we’ll be teaching you more advanced programming techniques such as C# delegates, interfaces, co-routines and more.
Building an RPG is an amazing way to level-up you game development skills, so why not join us and get started right now?
Content retrieved from: https://www.udemy.com/unityrpg/.