This course explains what statistics are in SQL Server, how the query engine uses them to generate query plans, and how you can tweak them to improve performance. It provides sample scripts and demonstrations.
The course will take just under 2 hours to complete. It consists of videos and demos. It also includes T-SQL scripts you can download for use on your own systems.
This course is intended for database administrators with an advanced-beginner to intermediate-level knowledge of SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is meant for advanced beginner to intermediate level DBAs who want to learn more about how statistics are created, used, and maintained in SQL Server.
- A copy of SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 or later is recommended, although SQL 2005 can be used
- Download the AdventureWords2012 sample database from CodePlex. The link is in the course and the free demo video.
- Basic knowledge of Query Plans is helpful, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of T-SQL is helpful, but not required.
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)